Other Helpful Sites
Helpful WebsitesAcademic StudiesRetirement Systems in California
- California Actuarial Advisory Panel
Created in 2008 to provide public agencies with impartial and independent information on pensions, OPEBs, and best practices.
- California Legislative Information
Research bills, find your Legislators, subscribe for up to the minute updates on bills you care about.
- Center for Economic and Policy Research
Research on economic and social issues, including retirement security and employee compensation.
- Coalition to Preserve Retirement Security
National organization dedicated to preserving the voluntary participation of state and local employees in Social Security.
- Employee Benefit Research Institute
Objective research and education on employee benefit programs.
- Legislative Analyst’s Office
Nonpartisan source of analysis on state budget, proposed initiatives and other policy issues, including pension and OPEB benefits.
- National Association of State Retirement Systems
National or state-by-state pension news and research.
- National Institute on Retirement Security
Research and education on the value of retirement security to employees, employers, and the economy.
- Pew Center on the States
Research advocating for and supporting pension and OPEB benefit reform in the U.S.
- Protect Retirement Security
California’s labor coalition on pensions.
- Secure Choice Retirement Savings Plan
Program under development to provide a guaranteed retirement savings plan to private sector workers in California.
- State Initiatives, California Secretary of State